SESAM continues to offer training and continuing education programs to different clients. For example, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) procedure in the Philippines and elsewhere has continuously been changing to respond to new knowledge and information, and hence, there is a need to update our environmental professionals and we are in the best position to do so. The School is also poised to offer new training programs to respond to new issues brought about by growing appreciation of the industry -environment linkage, and new environmental conditions such as more frequent occurrence of natural disasters such as landslides and flooding of urban areas. Enhancing environmental education among the public schools at various levels through training of public school teachers will also be a major focus of the non-formal education program of the School.
Training courses offered by the School are the following:
- Environmental Impact Assessment
The main objective of the course is to provide local government, NGOs and commercial company planners with working knowledge and basic skills in the appropriate implementation of EIA, and to enable them appreciate and evaluate the environmental impacts of various development projects.
The specific objectives of the course are to:
1. provide a working knowledge about the technical aspects as well as administrative procedures of the Philippine EIS System
2. enable the participants to identify and predict the impacts of proposed development projects and programs in their own fields of specialization; and
3. strengthen the technical capabilities of the participants in environmental management, especially in environmental compliance and monitoring.
- Livestock-Environment Interaction
- Comprehensive Land Use Planning
- Environmental Planning and Management
- Environmental and Natural Resources Economics
- GIS Application in Natural Resources Management
- Environmental Risk Assessment